LM3886TF-High-Performance 68W Audio Power Amplifier with Mute
- 68W cont. avg. output power into 4 at VCC = ±28V
- 38W cont. avg. output power into 8 at VCC = ±28V
- 50W cont. avg. output power into 8 at VCC = ±35V
- 135W instantaneous peak output power capability
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio >= 92dB
- An input mute function
- Output protection from a short to ground or to the supplies via internal current limiting circuitry
- Output over-voltage protection against transients from inductive loads
- Supply under-voltage protection, not allowing internal biasing to occur when |VEE| + |VCC| <= 12V, thus eliminating turn-on and turn-off transients
- 11-lead TO-220 package
- Wide supply range 20V - 94V
The LM3886 is a high-performance audio power amplifier capable of delivering 68W of continuous average power to a 4load and 38W into 8 with 0.1% THD+N from 20Hz-20kHz.
The performance of the LM3886, utilizing its Self Peak Instantaneous Temperature (°Ke) (SPiKe™) protection circuitry, puts it in a class above discrete and hybrid amplifiers by providing an inherently, dynamically protected Safe Operating Area (SOA).SPiKe protection means that these parts are completely safeguarded at the output against overvoltage, undervoltage, overloads, including shorts to the supplies, thermal runaway, and instantaneous temperature peaks.
The LM3886 maintains an excellent signal-to-noise ratio of greater than 92dB with a typical low noise floor of 2.0µV. It exhibits extremely low THD+N values of 0.03% at the rated output into the rated load over the audio spectrum, and provides excellent linearity with an IMD (SMPTE) typical rating of 0.004%.
- Component stereo
- Compact stereo
- Self-powered speakers
- Surround-sound amplifiers
- High-end stereo TVs